Volunteer with Utah Animal Adoption Center
Are you looking for an opportunity to take care of dogs and cats? Responsible volunteers are needed for all shifts, seven days a week, between 10 AM and 6 PM.
(ages 18 and up)
- Brushing cats
- Cleaning cat towers, cat kennels and litter boxes
- Cleaning windows in the large dog area and main cat room
- Sweeping and mopping floors
- Washing pet food/water dishes
- Answering office phones
(ages 16 and under)
Not quite old enough to volunteer at the shelter? There are still many ways you can help.
- Coordinate donation drives
- Host a bake sale to raise funds
- Wrap goodie bags to go home with adopted animals that include treats, toys, and leashes (we provide the supplies)
- Make blankets for the kennels
- Make dog beds or cat towers for inside/outside areas
Adoption Event Support
Are you outgoing? Do you enjoy being social? Do you want to help our animals find their forever homes? We need volunteers to help at adoption events. Times and locations vary.
- Loading/unloading the shelter van before and after pet adoption events
- Event and table set up
- Information and adoption ambassadors
Times and locations vary.
How to Volunteer
Download, complete, and return this volunteer application at the shelter or email it to our Volunteer Coordinator, Whittney at Whittney.Jaques@gmail.com.
New volunteers must attend an orientation before being scheduled for a shift at the shelter. To learn about orientation schedules, or for additional information, contact us at 801-355-7387 or Whittney at Whittney.Jaques@gmail.com.