LOVING SHELTER VOLUNTEERS NEEDED!
We are looking for loving volunteers to help take care of our cats and dogs. We are a no kill adoption center and we pride ourselves in helping our animals find the best possible forever homes. We are looking for responsible volunteers who can commit to a regular weekly shift.
Duties for volunteers at the center include:
- Brushing cats and cat towers
- Kennel care for cats
- Sweep and mopping floors
- Kennel care for dogs
- Cleaning windows in large dog area
- Bathe and groom dogs
- Walk dogs (18 & older only)
- Laundry and dishes
Underage Volunteers (Under 16 years of age)
Not quite old enough to volunteer at the shelter? There are still many ways you can help out!
Here are some suggestions of ways you can help:
- Donation drives at schools or within your community for items on our wish list
- Bake sales to raise donation money
- Wrap goodie bags to go home with adopted animals, that include treats, toys, and leashes (We provide supplies)
- Make blankets or toys for the kennels
- Make dog beds or cat towers for inside/outside areas
- Help with public awareness and pass out fliers
- Put up and collect change boxes at local stores
Let us know if you have any other ideas, and thank you for your help!
Event Volunteers Needed!
Are you outgoing? Do you enjoy being social? UAAC is always looking for volunteers to help us with special outreach events during the week and weekend. If you think you are well suited for this type of volunteer position, please let us know!
How To Get Started:
- Download, fill out and return this volunteer application: UAAC Volunteer Application
- New volunteers must attend a casual new volunteer orientation before they can start. For court ordered community service this orientation will count towards completed hours.